You Are Not Alone
The diabetes team at Heart & Health are here to help you cope with your diagnosis. Our mission is to empower our patients with the self-care management skills necessary to improve their quality of life, using what they have learned through diabetes education and disease management strategies. We assist our patients and their families in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to develop confidence and motivation in their self-care skills. The problem-solving and coping skills they will learn can help them overcome any barriers to self-care behavior.
Are You at Risk For Diabetes?
There are many risk factors that contribute to an increased risk for diabetes. To find out your risk, note each item on the list below that applies to you.
- I am 45 years of age or older
- I am overweight
- I gave birth to a baby over 9lbs
- I am not active and do not exercise
- I have a brother, sister or parent with diabetes
- I have high blood pressure
- I have high cholesterol
- I have a history of heart disease
- I am of African, Asian American, Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Alaska Native descent
- I have been told my sugars are slightly high