Heart Care Specialist
Heart Doctor Anthony Spera
Accepts Most Health Insurances
Board Certified & Experienced Cardiologist
Customized Patient Care Plans
Industry Leading Medical Equipment, Facilities & Technology
Four Convenient Long Island Locations
Anthony Spera, MD, FACC
Board Certified in Cardiovascular Diseases
Dr. Anthony Spera has been practicing cardiology for over 20 years. He received his Bachelor of Science in Biology from Adelphi University in Garden City, NY. He went on to pursue his passion for medicine at SUNY Health Sciences Center’s College of Medicine in Brooklyn, NY, and completed his internal medicine internship at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, NY. Dr. Spera then completed his fellowship in cardiology at Nassau County Medical Center in East Meadow, NY. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the American College of Chest Physicians, and a member of the American Medical Association, the American College of Physicians, and the American Heart Association.
- Board Certified in Cardiovascular Diseases
- Syosset Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
Fellowships & Memberships
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Heart Association
Dr. Spera Has Over 20 Years Providing Top-Rated Cardiovascular Care
Long Island Heart Specialists
Team Approach To Cardiovascular Health
The cardiologists and cardiovascular specialty team of Heart & Health diagnose, treat and prevent diseases and conditions of the heart and vascular system, including but not limited to, angina, arrhythmias, coronary heart disease, heart attack, heart failure, and vascular diseases. The team at Heart and Health Medical is comprised of board-certified physicians and cardiovascular specialists and equipped with the most advanced equipment and facilities in Long Island, New York. Most large medical organizations or hospital-owned practices have one solution that fits all when treating cardiovascular disease. At Heart and Health Medical, each patient receives a customized care plan designed for the best possible outcome.
When Should You See A Heart Doctor About Your Cardiovascular Symptoms?
- Abnormal heartbeats that feel fluttering, pounding, or rapid.
- Angina – chest pain
- Chest discomfort or chest pain
- Fainting or near fainting
- Getting out of breath (breathlessness) while at rest or with exertion
- Heart rhythm changes
- Numbness, pain, coldness, or weakness in your arms or legs.
- Pain occurring in the jaw, back, neck, throat, or upper abdomen
- Persistent or dry cough
- Racing heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Slow heartbeat
- Swollen ankles, legs, and feet
- Unusual spots or skin rashes